Located in the Southeastern Massachusetts town of Sharon, convenient to both Boston and Providence, Rhode Island, our office provides services addressing technology issues for individuals, schools and businesses. Focused and experienced in the business of technology, the office specializes in advising business decision makers how to protect and capitalize on the intellectual resources within their organization.
We proudly offer personalized services to local clients, and are able to to use technology to ensure more remote clients feel that we are an active member of their team.
To serve clients, our office offers services in the following areas:
- Patent Services – Drafting, filing and prosecuting patents through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and foreign patent offices (PTO and EPO) covering a broad area of technologies. Conducting or leading patent activities such as design patent filings, patent searches, design-around and infringement analysis. Examples of work performed by firm attorneys is listed at our Example Works page.
- Copyright Services – Filing and working with the U.S. Copyright Office to obtain Copyright registrations, drafting license agreements as well as litigating actions in U.S. District Court and conducting infringement analysis.
- Trademark Services – Filing and working with the USPTO on Trademark applications and working with international application through the Madrid Protocol and the Community Trademark (CTM) within the European Union. When necessary, pursuing client rights with the US Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Government Contract Counsel – Working within the U.S. and State Government regulations such as the FAR, DFARS, SBIRs and STTRs.
- Export Counsel – Working with clients to operate within the requirements of U.S. Export laws such as the ITAR, the EAR, OFAC and other export regulations.
- Intellectual Property Strategy – Working with clients to build a patent, trademark and/or licensing strategy.