John Brooks Law LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business law firm focusing on Business,Technology and Intellectual Property Law. We leverage Patent, Copyright, Trademark and Contract laws to address business and legal issues for businesses, individuals and educational institutions. Focused on and experienced in the business of high-technology, we help organizations reward innovation, protect ideas from competitors, and capitalize on the intellectual resources within that organization.
With extensive prior high-technology industry experience in leading technology companies that rely on Intellectual Property protection, our attorneys are not typical patent attorneys. We understand business and technology, and we use our experience protecting Intellectual Property to help our clients grow their revenue. We are proud to provide legal services that are focused on your business needs, concerns, and budget constraints.
To serve our clients, John Brooks Law LLC offers services in the following areas:
- Patent Services – Drafting and prosecuting patents through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and foreign patent offices (PTO and EPO). Conducting or leading patent activities such as design patent filings, patent searches, design-around counsel and infringement analysis.
- Copyright Services – Drafting and prosecuting registrations with the U.S. Copyright Office, drafting license agreements, conducting infringement analysis as well as litigating actions in U.S. District Court.
- Trademark Services – Filing and prosecuting Trademark applications with the USPTO and prosecuting international applications through the Madrid Protocol and the Community Trademark (CTM) within the European Union. When necessary, pursuing client’s rights with the US Patent and Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Government Contract Counsel – Counsel our clients to work within the U.S. and State Government regulations such as the FAR, DFARS, SBIRs, STTRs and export laws.
- Export Counsel – Working with clients to operate within the requirements of U.S. Export laws such as the ITAR, EAR, OFAC and other export regulations.
- Intellectual Property Brokerage and Strategy- Helping clients build or monetize a patent, trademark and/or licensing portfolio.